PM Modi WANI Scheme 2021 | Free Wi-Fi Internet Network Yojana, Features, Benefits, How to Apply
Our Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started another programme to boost up the Digital India Programme. PM Modi has recently announced that the government will launch the PM WANI (Wi-Fi Access Network Interface) Scheme. This initiation is going to revolutionize the Indian Internet Usage by spreading high-speed Internet Services across the country. The Prime Minister himself announced about the scheme yesterday after getting approval from the parliament.
PM Modi WANI Scheme 2021
This article explains the online procedure to Apply for the Modi WANI Scheme, Features, Benefits of the Scheme.
“No license fee for providing broadband internet services using public Wi-Fi hotspots will massively encourage its proliferation and penetration across the length and breadth of the country. Availability and use of broadband will enhance incomes, employment, quality of life, and ease of doing business,” as per an official statement.
Features of PM Free Wi-Fi Internet Scheme
Let us see the features of the recently announced Free Wi-Fi Network scheme by Prime Minister Modi.
- The scheme has announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi to boost up his brainchild project Digital India.
- PM Modi scheme aims to spread Internet usage all across the country.
- Under this scheme, the government aims to install Public Data Offices, Public Data Aggregator, App Provider and Central Registry.
- It enables the small business owners like shopkeepers to provide the Wi-Fi service.
- The government plans to set up around 1 Crore Data Centers across the country.
- The established data centres will function like Public Data Offices.
- These Public Data centres look like small size kiosks at the public places.
- Anyone interested can apply for the PM Modi WANI Scheme.
- There is no need to avail of any license for the owners to set up these data centres (PDO).
- This scheme uses the Submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) between Kochi and 11 Islands such as Lakshadweep, Kalpeni, Agati, Bangaram, Bitra etc.
|Apply Scholarship 2021||Click Here|
Benefits of the PM Modi WANI Yojana
Let us see the benefits of the Modi WANI Yojana announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for providing Free Wi-Fi Services to the people of the country.
- Under this scheme, the public will have access to the Internet at any place in the country.
- It revolutionizes the usage of technology in the country.
- The project is a boon for the rural area people who lacks the proper Internet Services.
- This scheme will boost incomes as well as ensure the youth gets seamless internet connectivity.
- Through this initiative, even a small tea shop vendor can open data centres in a locality.
- There will be no license fee for providing Broadband Internet through these public Wi-Fi networks.
- The move will generate income as well as employment to the people in the country.
- It promotes digital literacy among the people of the country.
How to Apply for PM Modi Free Wi-Fi Internet Scheme
- The scheme has announced very recently by the Government of India.
- In this instance, we don’t have any information regarding the registration or the application process for applying the scheme through online/offline mode.
- We will keep you updated once after there is an official announcement from the authorised sources.
- However, the users can visit the saralsanchar, the official portal of the Department of Telecommunications.